- I don’t get POLIÇA. I don’t see anything actually wrong with them. They fulfill a prime requirement for ‘liked band’ status (two drummers) and they’re made up of members from a bunch of other bands that I like (Roma Di Luna, Vampire Hands) that I like so it I should have been on board immediately. I just find them really boring, though. I totally get Channy doing something different after Roma Di Luna it’s to be applauded that that her next project wasn’t Roma 2.0, but why did she have to drownout her beautiful voice in so much auto-tune?
- Hopefully, I don’t fuck up 35 as hard as I did 34.
- I graduate in a year and I have to start getting my plans together about what I’m doing afterwords. Do I continue on to University, taking on more loans in the process?
- Morphine is great make-out music.
- My friend Phil has the two coolest kids in the world and I credit them with introducing me to The Amazing World of Gumball.
- I admit that I don’t understand the complexities behind the move to RDA from AACR2 , but I think all the “impending failure” talk is just the library version of the Y2K Bug syndrome.
- I’m not so sure that I’ll be able to talk myself out of a birthday tattoo of the cover to Joy Division’s “Unknown Pleasures.” Man, I hope so, because rent’s due next week.
8. I’m trying not to get my hopes up about the possibility of becoming a full staff member at the library, but I can’t help it. I would love to work at that library with those people who have already taught me a lot. Just get through summer, dummy.
9. I’m really hungry right now, so my friend Jane better show up soon because I want Kramarczuk’s so badly. Too badly. I’m fucking fiending for it.
10. I’m going to read Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy this summer. Anyone want to do a Twitter or Facebook book club thing?
11. When is Terrence Malick’s movie coming out, damnit?
12. Oh shit. The Avengers comes out next week. I hate it when people show up with well-written pieces about why I should not be supporting this movie that I’ve been waiting to see since I was a little kid. Yet, there it is and now I’m torn.
13. No, really, I’m hungry.
14. I have a whole class next semester of indexing and abstracting. Abstracting is the most technical, academic bullshit.
15. I was out-voted in class and now the 1 credit course is about electronic resources and e-books instead libraries’ use of social networks and web 2.0. Whateves. They’re both of interest, but I’m definitely more interested in the latter.
16. 16 is the number of credits I’m taking next semester. So 16 is the total hours of sleep I’m expecting to get each week. Who’s got two thumbs and is a fucking moron?
17. I know I should spend the next 365 days growing as a person, both professionally and personally, but I’m mostly wondering about how much sex I’ll have in the next year.
18. I think I would be okay if I never watched any Star Wars movies ever again.
19. Cartoons are pretty good.
20. I wonder if any family members would care to help manage a family archive-type wiki just for us.
21. I’m going to kill on these last two projects for the semester. Absolutely kill them. With fire.
Remember when I was all “This Delta Spirit song is the best?” Remember when I was all, “Man, this is the jam of the year?”
Forget it. THIS is the jam of year (of this week, at least). After film scores became stale, I popped this little ditty on and pressed repeat. iTunes is telling me that I’ve listened to this song 24 times this weekend. That seems pretty accurate. That’s about an hour and half, right?
Going into the last couple of weeks of semester. Heading towards home plate and, at this point, I’m still ahead of the throw from center. Just barely.
For those who don’t care much for sports analogies, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and I don’t think it’s a train. Yet. Continue reading
A combination of so many things I love: books, animation, slapstick, Moby Dick, and
undead sex romance.
…if you have even the remotest interest in good, aggressive thrash, you will need to run out and get the new Black Breath album. I can’t even take it, it’s so good. It has melted my mind.
Oh, and the new High on Fire?
Holy hell, 2012 has seen some good albums already.